Who we are:
NEXT is a forum for emerging business leaders to engage in constructive, fact-based dialogue, debate, and advocacy around economic and public policy issues that are key to investment, growth, and a sustainable, competitive economy in British Columbia and Western Canada.
What we believe:
- We believe the time has come to take a leadership role in shaping a more engaged and inclusive dialogue and debate around economic and public policy issues in BC, one that represent the full spectrum of BC’s diverse population base.
- We believe a strong, sustainable and diversified economy is the foundation for healthy communities, prosperous families and sustainable and reliable social programs.
- We believe British Columbia’s future is one of free enterprise, entrepreneurship, responsible natural resource development, creativity, and innovation.
- We believe business has a vital leadership role to play in driving innovation, creating strong communities and being responsible stewards of our environment.
- We believe it is time for business, environmental and community groups to work together to find shared values and objectives that benefit all British Columbians.
- We believe that each of us has a responsibility to be active and informed contributors to public policy debate in BC.
What we do:
- We provide an open platform for Next Leaders to learn, question, form opinions and formulate approaches to the challenges and opportunities facing our province.
- We share our knowledge and our opinions with our peer networks to foster improved awareness, understanding, and engagement around the policy and economic issues important to the future of British Columbia.
- We engage with trail blazing business and community leaders to learn from each other and transition into informed stewards of our economy and our environment.
- We provide opinions and perspectives regarding specific public policy matters in order to communicate our shared belief that a strong, sustainable economy is key to a sustainable province.